Materials Zone platform enables materials scientists and engineers to accelerate their research, discover new materials, use ML guidance to forecast outcomes, and achieve improved results. Our platform automatically harvests experimental data and structures it into a personalized database, to enable analyses with state of the art AI/ML algorithms.
Our workforce is spread across several countries - Israel, the Netherlands, Ukraine and the US, with the headquarters based in Israel. This means at least some of the work, if not all (depending on your location), would be done remotely. This presents a unique opportunity for those who appreciate flexibility and working from home.
About the role:
We are looking for a Backend Developer with experience in NodeJS and/or Python to join our development team. You will be joining a team of backend developers, and work alongside frontend developers, python developers/data scientists and materials scientists to take our SaaS and on-prem solutions to the next level. The challenges you will be facing include: maintaining and developing new APIs and services that power our frontend, dashboards, and customers, maintaining and optimizing our database and file storage solution, improving the architecture of our platform in order to enhance performance and enable scalability, improve the user experience, and much more. As a startup, we encourage our employees to keep up-to-date with new technologies and bring fresh ideas to the table, and we are looking for people that are eager to constantly learn and improve. The projects you will be involved in are diverse, and there is a lot of room for you to influence your growth within the company.
Depending on the skills and preferences of the candidate, this role can be combined with the Security / DevOps Engineer position.
- Design and develop new and existing APIs and services based on business requirements
- Maintain and optimize our database and file storage
- Improve the infrastructure of our platform so that we are always a step ahead of the business needs
- Work closely with our product and QA team members
- Lead projectsSupport the junior developers, train new developers, share your expertise
- Review code, write tests, refactor legacy code
- Constantly improve our working practices
- Experience with REST API, GraphQL, SQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL), NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB and Firebase Realtime Database)
- Experience with API testing, documentation, and versioning
- Experience with API security
- Experience with agile development (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Get-job-done attitude, high attention to details, organized and methodological approach
- Highly Independent, takes ownership of challenges, researching and recommending solutions
- Team player, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, microservice architecture
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g. using Github actions)
- Experience with cloud technologies (e.g., GCP, AWS, Azure)