The Materials Zone platform enables materials scientists and engineers to accelerate their research, discover new materials, use ML guidance to forecast outcomes, and achieve improved results. Our platform automatically harvests experimental data and structures it into a personalized database that enables analyses with state of the art AI/ML algorithms.
Our workforce is spread across several countries - Israel, the Netherlands, Ukraine and the US, with the headquarters based in Israel. This means at least some of the work, if not all (depending on your location), would be done remotely. This presents a unique opportunity for those who appreciate flexibility and working from home.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced product manager who will work closely with our development and customer facing teams to design new features and capabilities, build the company’s long-term roadmap, find better ways to measure and learn before and after building, and, in general, apply her or his experience to constantly improve our internal product development processes and implement best practice and new methodologies. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in a small and/or large company that develops software in an agile methodology, is passionate about creating disruptive products that have a positive impact on the world, has great interpersonal skills and is able to work both inbound and outbound.
- Take ownership of development projects, and work closely with the development teams, product designers, client facing teams and clients to define the project from the higher level specification and up to the level of detailed user stories.
- Follow the development process from the birth of the idea, through design, development and testing, and until the release, and then follow-up to measure usage, collect user feedback and come back with insights that can be applied to future development.
- Be part of the day to day agile development process, participating in stand up meetings, refinement meetings, release plannings, etc.
- Initiate and drive customer feedback loops, introduce and monitor KPIs to study the impact of new features, analyse the results and apply the lessons learned.
- Be attentive to business requirements and customer requests, but be strongly aware of the available resources and know how to prioritize.
- Research market and business trends, competing products, customer segmentation and user behaviour to lead data-driven decisions with respect to the product and its positioning and help in creating a better product-market fit.
- Help maintain the product documentation and knowledge base.
3+ years of experience in product management or equivalent role, including a good understanding and knowledge of best practices and methodologies
- Worked in an agile product development environment following modern agile methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills in English (oral and written)
- Able to talk to highly technical and highly non-technical personnel, and to be the person that bridges the gap between the two
- Worked with an issue tracking system such as Jira
- High attention to details, organized and methodological approach
- Highly Independent, takes ownership of challenges, researching and recommending solutions
- Feels comfortable with ambiguity and able to find clear paths through a mess of options
- Worked on data-centered and/or AI/ML products that are aimed to serve big enterprises
- Scientific background and understanding (in Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or other related field)
- Basic experience in software development and/or databases
- Worked as a product manager at a large multinational corporation